Sunday, October 02, 2005

Morogoro is a huge town to me since people seem to never work and are always out walking or doing something! It reminds me a lot of Madrid or the bigger places in Europe. It is very similar to the other places I have lived outside of the US in that it is surrounded by mountains on all 4 sides and is in the valley! Natural AC! =) It is normally really windy (I wonder why they don’t tap it with windpower) and the other day it was so windy that it was blowing our papers and stuff in the classroom all over the place. I asked my teacher if he could turn down the AC and he really got a kick out of it!
The wind also blows the dust in my eyes all the time so I have gotten used to walking with my eyes half open.

I forgot to mention that when we first got at our hostel our Tanzanian teachers were there waiting for us. They did this AWESOME dance and song for us but they wouldn’t let us take pictures or anything. They also had COLD sodas and water (maji) waiting for us. It is really hard to find cold drink since they don’t like to keep their frigs cold and then when something is really cold the want to warm it up by putting hot water in it! I tell ya! I don’t think they really like their stuff cold.
My teachers are from there like I said. They have also worked with PC for more than 15 years and really enjoy their jobs. They are VERY energetic, passionate, and entusiatstic even at at 7 or 8am in the morning! It is actually really hard for me to call them teachers since I don’t feel like that they are since we are always with them and they are so awesome! Right now we are in small groups of 4 students and one teacher for our Kiswahili cram classes so we get ALL one on one attention!
I don’t have a lot more time to write but I want to let you know that MY HOST FAMILY IS AWESOME! There are 5+ kids and they are very well off. They can easily take up an entire blog entry so I will have to tell you about them later. If you were to ask me if I was happy I would have to stop and think about what happiness is again!! LOL. I have been really busy with my training, HANDWASHING my clothes, etc and it is not something that I normally think about like I would in the USA. Know that everything and then some is well! Salama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home